Greetings from The US

I'm Luke from Indiana, and I've been looking for a forum like this for years.  I've been building fence since I was a kid, and as a full time contractor for 15 or so years.  I've been through several American style H beam drivers, and have progressed to a Vector model 4 mounted on a Yanmar track machine.  There isn't much available commercially in the states as far as efficient fence equipment goes, so I look forward to seeing some fresh ideas for future equipment builds.  Thanks for having me!

welcome to the forums Luke... if you need to know anything forum based please feel free to ask Nick or me.... for fencing/equipment based questions, we have a great group on here to knock ideas aroud with and exchange tips... whose fence are you currently using and have you checked out the Tornado US website at www.wirefence.farm 

How do you like your Bryce Suma vs the model 3?   I spoke with Jock before I bought my Vector, and yours was ordered but not delivered yet.  Without ever seeing them in person, it sure looked to me like the Bryce Suma is a better built machine than the Vector.   I told Jock what my plans were, and asked if he'd just sell me a driver built for a track machine.  He told me that there was no way I'd ever get it all put together where it  would work and would only sell me the whole package, so I moved on.   If you really want me to try something, just tell me it can't be done. :D  I wore out 5 Shavers, and actually still keep one around that we can stick on the skid steer just in case we need it.  My first rig was a 6" Shaver on an old Case&David Brown.  My next two drivers were 8" hand crank Shavers, and then finally on to the 12" hydraulic models on skid steers.   It still puts me in a bad mood to think about running an H beam center mast on the back of a tractor!

I'm definitely not implying that Jock is a bad guy. It would be hard to blame him for not having confidence in me. I would probably make the same decision if I was him. It's his product, and the last thing he needs is some yahoo 4,000 miles away trying to retrofit it onto a machine it wasn't designed for. I do dream of owning one of his tracked machines.......some day.

Archived