From the deepest South

Gidday all (and thanks Admin for the activation)

I'm down in Southland NZ, a one man fencing contractor on the periphery of Invercargill City so doing a bit of all sorts of things, some farm post and netting, equestrian stuff, a few "grand entranceways", the occasional raised garden structure and everything else in between.  Its all on my website which is www.pricefencing.co.nz 

I run a Massey 5445 with a Kinghitter Expander S2, but its really overkill for down here, the ground is generally pretty soft and knocking a post in too far is a far greater worry than deploying the rock spike if you know what I mean.

I've been lurking for a while and read a lot of the great stuff that's is on here, and looking forward to learning more and contributing occasionally.

If anyone is anticipating a trip down to NZ there's always a feed and a bed at our house for a fencer, farmer, horseman, hunter etc.

Cheers

Foster

PS - Thanks to Goaty for referring me here - Admin give that man a beer!

Thanks Guys

The winter here has been very mild, we still have grass growth in fact which is good but quite unusual.  May was bloody wet, and I made a major sort of muddy mess on a job that "had to be done".  I have mates up just beyond Balfour so will ask about James Merchant.

One of the reasons I joined was to ask Mark about his digger and driver, I'll start a new thread for that but the connection is the weather here and mud and tracked machines, my tractor weights 7.1 tonnes with the driver on - astonishing and astonishing is the mud that will make when its soft.

Rugby - well don't get me started, but it might be a while before an England or Wales can reliably foot it with the All Blacks, however its great that they keep trying, I admire their courage.  Looking forward to the Lions tour, they are always a lot of fun here.

Archived