hanging multiple gates on a single post

RCCM

Just a quick one for you all. 

I have a junction in part of a race to complete where it needs to 2x 16ft gates and 1x 12ft gate all hung on the same gate post.  The post is a 3.8m x 300mm diameter creo strainer so will be in the ground about 1.6m ish.  The gates will each be hung a third of the way round the post from the last or thereabouts.  The gates are the chainlink Hayes deer gates so fairly light. 

Have many of you hung multiple gates on a single post without anything adverse happening over time?

We do it quite often.  As long as the weight is evenly distributed, it works just fine.  We will use a slam latch to reduce the load on the gate post if needed.  It might not be very clear in these pictures, but half of these gates shared a post with another.  The customer is still quite happy.

IMG 0309

IMG 0312

Ive done it in a handling area but not that long ago. if the gates were really long or heavy they might lean but i dont see any issue with your depth and substantial post. Lets face it many gates are hung on weak posts and all gateposts with only one gate are lopsided with weight.

Just a quick one for you all. 

I have a junction in part of a race to complete where it needs to 2x 16ft gates and 1x 12ft gate all hung on the same gate post.  The post is a 3.8m x 300mm diameter creo strainer so will be in the ground about 1.6m ish.  The gates will each be hung a third of the way round the post from the last or thereabouts.  The gates are the chainlink Hayes deer gates so fairly light. 

Have many of you hung multiple gates on a single post without anything adverse happening over time?

Where are you getting Hayes type gates from if you don't mind me asking?

Archived