Staplelok

nb844

Had a leaflet with the farmers guardian last week for Staplelok from Hampton. Just wondering if anyone has used it? I haven't used any metal posts, clipex doesnt really appeal as you can only use the one brand of netting and can't alter the spacings on the posts.

Anyone know how Staplelok and clipex compare in terms of price?

Please don't get the clipex warriors on here,

On another forum I member of, they are verging on being militant!

From what I've seen it has it's uses, but it is a very niche area.

Staplelok appears to be more cost effective but I priced the the device for removal of posts, and to put on top of the steel posts,

I had to have a brandy after to get over the shock.

The leaflet I had was detailing the strainers so I'm guessing they are a new product.

Premnayloon I think I am a member of the other forum you are refering to, where people believe clipex is the best thing ever invented and anyone still using timber is a fool.

At the kind of prices being mentioned I don't think I will be using either clipex or staplelok any time soon. It's all well and good saying that over the fences' lifetime metal is cheaper, but the customer needs to have the extra to outlay in the first place.

The leaflet I had was detailing the strainers so I'm guessing they are a new product.

Premnayloon I think I am a member of the other forum you are refering to, where people believe clipex is the best thing ever invented and anyone still using timber is a fool.

At the kind of prices being mentioned I don't think I will be using either clipex or staplelok any time soon. It's all well and good saying that over the fences' lifetime metal is cheaper, but the customer needs to have the extra to outlay in the first place.

Tff?

Back to your original question staplelok or clipped. One thing I do remember salesman pointing out was because it's a staple system you can staple wire to any position on post same as a timber post. So if you hit the hard stuff and it won't knock down that last inch or two you can staple accordingly. Whereas with clipex your stuck with the slots on the post. And to be fair the staples did have some grip. My customers won't pay the money though. Pricad clipex strainers and it cheaper to let timber rot and replace them

Archived