Hi All

Hi Mark,

Cheers, I signed on ages ago and then forgot all my details, so started again!

Ref knocker- I'm getting there with decisions but haven't actually purchased yet, thinking is a protech p18 with side tilt and all the controls by the mast, minimally offset to enable me to bring it right in close to the cab for stability. Like you I just use my digger all the time for fencing with tractor parked up most of the time! Just need a bigger weight for my digger than the current one I have, 180kg combined with auger when required will do me nicely I think.! Hope all is good with you and your busy, still look at your photos every now and again to remind myself how you have it!

Ok Matt, This week a farmers son decided he wanted to help me he has diggers etc so he turned up with a five ton Volvo and a red post knocker with p something on the side quite a large weight but I was very disappointed in its performance there just didn't seem to be enough travel on the mast I let him monkey about for a while until I got totally fed up and took over with my small unit and made equally good progress with mine and with the posts in a straight line!!

That's interesting, what height have you got under the hammer Mark? I know the protech p18 I used to have had an extendable leg and on the highest setting had more drop height than my tractor mounted Wrag.

I do think the digger knockers are something people generally either get on with or don't, I can get stakes in just as straight and as quick with my digger knocker as I can with the tractor with all it's movements. My jobs are often awkward/tricky access and terrain as opposed to mega strains in a straight line so digger works well for me and i use it for a hundred and 1 other tasks too so it rarely rests on its laurels!

Matt I have a wrag digger knocker on my 5 ton bobcat and its very good with the full length mast, side tilt and 200kg weight but if your on full reach across the tracks it is plenty heavy enough and if you get the foot stuck in the mud it can be a job to bring it back in. I wanted a full mast so I didn't have to keep adjusting a leg between strainers an inters and it works very well

Hi Mike,

I was looking at digger knockers the other day and came across your one on your bobcat - it does look good, do you have the controls by the mast and how far offset is it from the digger arm? The more offset I guess the more leverage and wear it places on the digger?

I'm not sure whether I'd prefer a full length mast or the leg model, with a leg it's easy to put it out the way if you need to manoeuvre under trees over rough ground etc..

It's going on a 3 tonner, I used to have a protech p18 that weighed 350kg total, it wasn't too bad on even relatively steep side slopes particularly if I had it working close to the cab, but at full reach it made the back track twitchy even on flat ground.

Archived