Horse net

Tubbylew

Hi guys, just wondering what the lead time for 13/120/8 torus should be, customer seems to have been waiting a while for some to arrive of a supplier I recommended, thought I would check on here to see what the waiting time should be before I make a few enquiries myself. Thanks in advance!

Id ring tornado on monday. If it was in stock you should only need to wait a week. So it was either not ordered or its sold out in which case you can ask when that size net is next up for a production run which will give you a predicted delivery date.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished the job off and was wondering what the average (erect only, tough going, short runs) rate is, ive worked out what i think it should be but wanted to check on here, to make sure i'm being fair to myself and the customer. Cheers fellas

Yep, short lengths are a pain in the backside, anything less than 100 meters I just charge for the job rather than meter length. The worst is the 20meter runs- still have to put in strainers/struts, tie and tension wire just the same as if doing 200meter.

However, horse netting installed over 100m in reasonably good ground and access I would be looking about £3 per meter labour

• 3 weeks later...

Prices for different comtractors vary alot i notice.

Id probably be £3.

Talking to a client yesterday about a field we did recently. Its going to take them over 6 years to coup the outlay for fence. For the rent they charge.

Id like better rates. After all weve more money in kit than most trades and not the part time hours and tea breaks.

Archived