Vector m6 Excavator model

Marks

Looking at buying a knocker of my 2.7t digger and have watched about every YouTube video out there!! I know a protec p18 or a Wrag hector are opinions but quite like the look of the vector model 6 has anyone tried one or have any advise.This is a second machine for smaller jobs

Have tried one on a 5 tonner and if had a 200kg weight. It is good in that when you place it on a post you can press down with the digger with aids effectiveness and also steadys the digger arm from bouncing each time the hammer is raised.

You have to be a fairly good operator to do a tidy job as you have to follow the post down as you are knocking it in unlike a full height mast.

I ended up making/converting my own which works just like the Vector one but isn't offset from the digger arm, that was one thing I didn't like about it was that it was nearly 2ft offset from the arm so I reckoned it would exert a lot of sideways twisting motion on the arm and pins and bushes.

They are much bigger and heavier than they look in the videos on you tube, id say 5ton digger would be ideal.

On a sub 3 ton machine ton have to be VERY careful with the vector one because you often have to use it at almost full reach to get the height on strainers etc.

If I was buying a digger knocker for this size machine I'd get the protech p18, mount the hitch in the lower position at the bottom of the mast, this way you can use it nice and close in, I'd also get it with a control valve on the mast so you can control the hammer and postcap whilst standing next to the post to make sure it's going in straight.

Archived