Kubota rg30 servicing

Mooresft

It says in the book, engine oil and filter every 100hrs but I used to do it every 150 as oils have improved a lot since they came out. I used 10w30 in the engine and Kubota hydrostatic oil for the hydraulics. I used to change the hydraulic oil and hub oils every year along with filters. There is a suction oil filter in the tank which I changed once but the genuine one was £££ so if you adapt the fitting then you can use an off the shelf one which are the same size. Keep the air filter clean or replaced too as this has a big effect on they running.

I used genuine Kubota filters from my local dealer but because the rg30's are all jap imports the dealers don't have and parts references for them. They supplied 3 types of oil filter and the middle one fitted no problem. you could also go to a motorfactors and they will be able to cross reference it. The suction filter is accessed from the top hatch if I remember rightly and just unscrews. I used a steel water fitting fitting to change the size filter end so that I could get a more standard one on there. If you want convenience you can ring Cautrac, quote your serial number and they will post it all too you, but will be a bit dearer

Hi Mooresft. I get my filters locally from a firm called inline filters. You can buy on line just google them. They sell Baldwin filters. The filter codes are BT8844 hydraulic spin on , engine oil B227 , fuel BF940 , air PA3476. Had no problems with these filters. Also if ever you need an exhaust. Try googling GT exhausts they do a pattern part. May not last as long but it was on the shelf and a third the price. Hope this helps.

Archived