Strainrite chain strainer

Thegoatman22

Could be possible if you brought the extra parts to swap but the boundary strainers are longer than the standard chain strainers for extra leverage and your not supposed to use on single wire in case you over tension and wire snaps but still possible. Personally I would buy both styles as they both have their advantages.

West fork fence will sort you out

Could be possible if you brought the extra parts to swap but the boundary strainers are longer than the standard chain strainers for extra leverage and your not supposed to use on single wire in case you over tension and wire snaps but still possible. Personally I would by both styles as they both have their advantages.

West fork fence will sort you out

Spot on, John.

Also what do you do for bracing the h post? I have been doing the 12.5 wire, figure 8 knot, then using a stick yo wind it up.

Twisting HT is a good way to whack off a finger or knock a tooth out.  We use Medium Gripples to tension 12.5 ga brace wire, or use 5/32" cable and a large Gripple. (Tepapa's head explodes in 3.....2......1 lol)  You can use the chain strainers to tension the HT brace wire, and join with a figure 8 or Tex Brown knot.  I find myself tying knots more often....like the old days when I couldn't afford Gripples, just to show people.  It's an art that is foreign to most Americans.  We also stock Gripples, and can give a good discount for quantity.

I have videos of both Gripple brace methods, as well as straining net with Strainrite boundary strainers on YouTube.  Farm Fence Solutions LLC is the channel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived