M&S Fencing

Hi All,

We have just joined so thought we would introduce ourselves.

I am Matt and my wife is Suzie we are fencing contractors based on the Devon & Cornwall boarder.

We trade as M&S Fencing LLP our website is www.stockfence.co.uk or Facebook page is www.facebook.com/MS-fencing-276788702691897.

Suzie is the daughter of a fencing contractor so has grown up fencing and I was a business partner alongside my father in a forestry business and started fencing with that business. Soon it became apparent that forestry was drifting away from me as I was in constant demand so me and Suzie took the jump and combined to form M&S Fencing. 

2 years in on our own now with a few big contracts bagged and a rapidly increasing customer base. 

We believe in value for money using high quality materials and going the extra mile to ensure all work is finished to a high standard to which we offer a fully insured 5 year free warranty on all materials and workmanship. 

Matt & Suzie

Hi,

It is awkward at times but i find the "yes dear" helps a lot. Mine can do practical side but manages work load and young children at the moment. Only downside is trying to relay time scales between us and her as some times she expects two of us to fit 300 metres a day which is fine in big fields but not in half acre paddocks lol. 

Welcome along Mat and Suzie 

Working with your wife is probably the hardest part of a relationship, when my business grew Julie offered to help out in the office but only for a few years....!!! Well that was probabley 12 years back and bless her she would prefer to be on a horse somewhere but she runs the shop/accounts side and I look after the contracting and manufacturing part and it seems to work.... Although there are some days when we fall out.... That's when our staff sense the atmosphere and hide!!!!  It took a while but she has a great knowledge of all types and kinds of fencing which is a great asset to our customers and I couldn't run the business without her, we've just got to 25 years of marriage so can't be doing that badly... Good luck with the business. 

8 minutes ago, Charliehub said:

Welcome along Mat and Suzie 

Working with your wife is probably the hardest part of a relationship, when my business grew Julie offered to help out in the office but only for a few years....!!! Well that was probabley 12 years back and bless her she would prefer to be on a horse somewhere but she runs the shop/accounts side and I look after the contracting and manufacturing part and it seems to work.... Although there are some days when we fall out.... That's when our staff sense the atmosphere and hide!!!!  It took a while but she has a great knowledge of all types and kinds of fencing which is a great asset to our customers and I couldn't run the business without her, we've just got to 25 years of marriage so can't be doing that badly... Good luck with the business. 

Thank you. Your setup sounds like a more experienced/mature version shall i say of us. 

Glad to hear. 

Archived