Uneven ground

Thegoatman22

Easier to deal with on bw .

But on net wire fence that requires a good seal with the ground its a real frustration. We always put a strand of bw under the fence. Mainly to layout. But we can pull the net up in the lows a little bit and split the gap between with the barb. You can add more bw in problem areas just stretched between line post.

I Always try  to avoid points in the top Make them rolls. But sometimes you just have to say it is what it is. 

Sure enough hill's folks can see why it's that way. It's the little terraces and ditches. Especially when there's several in one stretch. The average person doesn't see them. They drive the fence builder crazy.

There's gonna be times you have to say. The fence is right. The grade is #$__&-+ up.

Net wire that stretches evenly is quite a bit easier to work with in uneven terrain.   With Tornado, it's not an issue, but with other brands, we've had to cut the wire at peaks and valleys and put in a "V" with crimps or Gripples to make it stretch evenly.   In the picture above, we just pulled it down and tied it off.  No slack line wires to deal with. 

16 hours ago, West Fork Fence said:

What kind of fence?

I am open to suggestions, it's to keep some dogs in. They like to go under. I suggested chicken netting on the bottom. This job is partially redoing a crappy job someone else did. They did 6 ft field with 4 ft long h post, not really stretched, the. They twisted the wire to tighten it and make it look better, which ended up breaking.

5 hours ago, Fence said:

Easier to deal with on bw .

But on net wire fence that requires a good seal with the ground its a real frustration. We always put a strand of bw under the fence. Mainly to layout. But we can pull the net up in the lows a little bit and split the gap between with the barb. You can add more bw in problem areas just stretched between line post.

I Always try  to avoid points in the top Make them rolls. But sometimes you just have to say it is what it is. 

Sure enough hill's folks can see why it's that way. It's the little terraces and ditches. Especially when there's several in one stretch. The average person doesn't see them. They drive the fence builder crazy.

There's gonna be times you have to say. The fence is right. The grade is #$__&-+ up.

Yeah it needs to be tight to the ground, but no barb because it's to keep her dogs in.

2 hours ago, Thegoatman22 said:

I am open to suggestions, it's to keep some dogs in. They like to go under. I suggested chicken netting on the bottom. This job is partially redoing a crappy job someone else did. They did 6 ft field with 4 ft long h post, not really stretched, the. They twisted the wire to tighten it and make it look better, which ended up breaking.

https://www.farmfencesolutions.com/product/titan-1348-2/

Something along these lines, but if the dogs are all bigger, it would be overkill. 

I agree on the horse wire but disagree on the barb.

We do it all the time. A good sharp barb under the net will do more to stop digging out than tough love.

Although my advice to you on this job after hearing your description is to give her you biggest competitors phone number.

We do a lot of woven wire field fence (6" box) on hills, stretch tight then let off as needed to pull down and staple to posts. Often times you can help the wire along by pulling the bottom wire tight with a chain strainer and hard stapling it to hold tension. Then pulling only the top or bottom of the wire as needed until it is good and tight. I would stay away from a non-climb or "sheep&goat" wire as neither work well in steep terrain in our experience. 

4 hours ago, oregonfarmfencer said:

We do a lot of woven wire field fence (6" box) on hills, stretch tight then let off as needed to pull down and staple to posts. Often times you can help the wire along by pulling the bottom wire tight with a chain strainer and hard stapling it to hold tension. Then pulling only the top or bottom of the wire as needed until it is good and tight. I would stay away from a non-climb or "sheep&goat" wire as neither work well in steep terrain in our experience. 

Hard stapling to overcome slack line wires?   What kind of wire are you using? 

4 hours ago, oregonfarmfencer said:

I am thinking it may involve stretching each line individually with the wire strainer.

Archived