Rates for fencing

tommy7840

Good morning fencers, We have been doing some varied jobs lately on the fencing front which is good and makes a refreshing change.It does make pricing for the different specs more interesting though!! Yesterday we had to take down a three strand barb fence and roll up the wire and collect up all the old stakes then put up a new three strand high tensile barb fence.Im thinking with materials this job wants to be near the £5 a metre with me supplying the wire and all posts and stakes dipped in creosote.Any thoughts on metre rates or hourly rates guys.Thanks.

That seems about right on the new fence bit, but it's hard to compare without knowing what your material costs and post spacing are.  The only job we do by the hour is tear out/clearing with a machine, and it seems to work out with the varying degrees of preparation we get with customers.  Our hourly rate is $125/hr for a large skid steer, and 1,000 feet per hour of tear out is pretty easy to achieve.  Like I said, it works out......But I still hate working by the hour and limiting my potential income. 

We currently get 1.00 a foot to run a track loader down the old fenceline.  We pile everything in manageable burn piles along the fence line. If the customer wants the steel separate from the brush it's about 30 cents more. 

What's a stake???

Archived