how much staff do you have?

premnayloon

I don't employ 5 gangs just to say so I do it . I employ 5 gangs because we provide what the customer wants when the customer wants it at a price that is competitive, whilst still maintaining high standards, it's called progress and good business. There is only two directions in life forward and backwards

Yep hats off I no how hard it is keeping on top off my wee operation .

My wife does all my paper work think I would be in the jail by now iff I was doing it I seen me going to look for 1 bit off paper and the office is upside down am a wee bit to exstible to be indoors .

Am just a fencer but there guys on here that are businesses men

I enjoy both sides but I do really enjoy going out there and getting the jobs and think I am good with the customers. I think if you are likeable and honest that goes an awful long way and that's how I have grown my business as well as doing a good job. I find it exciting piling the work up and then wondering how the hell we are going to mange it all but a previous employer once told me "always say yes and worry about it later"! and generally you always manage some how. I also like buying machinery so after ive spent a bit I think s##t ive got to go and earn some more now to pay for it! and my old man always says that fear is the biggest motivator!  so I find a bit of pressure on yourself isn't always a bad thing, as long as you are happy!

I couldnt do what stevew does, im dyslexic and have problem with my short term memeory, always have, but im good with my hands, wood work and metalwork were my best subjects at school and i found hege laying then fencing to my salvation

On my own normally, but our full time farm worker helps me out when I need it. He drives the tractor along for me or shunts machinery backwards and forwards from jobs. Means I can stay later to finish jobs while he gets the kit back to the yard. If I am on a big job I hire in another lad to help us out. Usually on my own for most jobs though, prefer to be left to it and crack on. I have always taken my time to do a job and make a good job, not rush and make a mess. 

Archived