Post and Rail- Rail spacing

• 2 months later...

I use 100 or 110mm ring shanks in my Bostich nailer, it will take 150mm but never had any of those. Its a beast of nailer and wouldn't use anything lesser on post and rail. If any ones not convinced ask them to pull a rail off once nailed, the rails will eventually come off but the nails will still be just as much in the post! I would used paslodes or anything with clipped heads and they have to be ringshanked.

I agree with you mikew on the old paslode guns with smooth shank clipped heads but the new im90 although longest are only 90mm they are ring shanked and full round head you have to smash a rail off and the nails will still be in the post. Since using them not had any issues with rails coming off due to livestock or warping rails

• 2 months later...

We also went to 100mm 3.8mm dia nails for sawn post and rail, and 130mm 3.8 for 1/2 round rustic/peeled. Spotnail s-130

Nail gun is a beast but never any trouble like our Paslode used to be. Have to buy 25,000 per time but now get them hot dip galv with screw shank and have never had comeback from them! Like MikeW says you just need to try and get one off to realise how good they are.

Archived