Agricised

stevew

Ok then you install ht80 stock net 2 strands of ht barbed 1 strand of ht 2.5 line wire utility poles as strainers at every 100 lm or change of direction and creosote inters at every 3 lm no charge for stripping out all for £4.75 pl. DON'T THINK SO. !! Because the only way you can do that is with Daddy's tools no insurance, no commercial rates, no tax, an put it in your a**e pocket. If the farmer only has £500.00 in the pot for that job then that is all he will spend if you are lucky.

For MOST Farmers fencing is a GRUDGE spend they need it but don't want to spend on it.

The majority of farmers know the wire will last for 30 years, so why do they want cundy or agrised timber and not buy redwood 30 year treated timber PRICE PRICE PRICE. !!! Most of them either don't have it or won't spend it.

We have just started a £25,000.00 job. 12,000 plus lm elec The farmer only wants timber at 15 years as he says some of the fence will be moved or damaged in 30 years. We got the job because we said we will accept £5,000.00 per month otherwise he could not afford it. No way would he pay for better quality timber

Recently quoted for a 500m job HT net and 2 strands barb and the farmer was moaning that the kilned class 4 redwood option was £129.03 more than using standard redwood TRTD ..! ...so i asked him how often he filled his truck up with fuel....reply once a week...my reply i bet you didn't even bat an eyelid to the £70 you spent on that...! think about it 15 years or 5/7 ..? against 2 weeks running around in you truck. changed his mind ....!   

Just interested Stevew your £25.000 job whats the spec as its only working out at around £2.08 m. 

45 ppm no a lot over 250 m but it adds up fast on bigger jobs .am all for using the best materal that I can get but there is a cap on what land owners will pay and am not making it affordable to them by cutting labour cost.

So I give them the choice mabay I been charging to much to start with but it's working for me.

When I been quoting job I put a comparison for creo treated gear etc then it there choice all I can do is make them aware the rest is up to them and how deep there pockets are

• 6 months later...

Archived