What post banger?

Adam

i am interested in people's opinions on Mr Bryce, I know someone from this area who bought a chapper off jock Bryce,

Went all the way down to the borders in the winter in treacherous conditions to collect the machine,

He said that when he arrived at Mr Bryce place the chapper was on forks ready to load on to trailer,

And the only words from Bryce himself was have you got the cheque, no pleasantries from him, just wanted the money he found him to be a very rude man.

At times his customer relations skills may not be the best, but I've never had cause to think this.

His post drivers are amongst the best built machines in the land, good old fashioned engineering, not penny pinching.

For the sake of a couple of £k I would have Bryce against a Protech/Wrag etc. it should pay for itself in next to no time through extra productivity and reliability. Its common to hear of Protech and Wrag owners having to do welding repairs to their machines yet I've not seen many Bryce's that have needed repairs (save the early welded post caps). When you consider the hammer (excuse the pun) the Bryce's have to take with a 400kg hammer weight the minimum and most doing more than their fair share of gateposts/strainers/rock spiking its a credit to those that build them.

I would be interested to know what welding technique they use at Bryce as they're welded so well, do they use low hydrogen wire/gas to give a more forgiving weld less prone to cracking, I don't know but they're good I know that.

Archived