New Staff

stevew

How do you guys find new staff,

Ag students don't want it if it doesn't have 250 hp a radio an air seat, a nice air con cab and dose 50k, youngsters don't want it or cant do it if it doesn't have a key board, others don't realise it's an outside job and you might get wet and dirty, and people like me are just getting old and knackerd

They are hard to find, as above if we could find more a good staff we would be bigger i think.

It's a hard job in the winter and sometimes harder in the summer, not many people want it.

I am thinking of looking for some sub contractors to,do a couple of jobs for us as we are so busy, but not got time to sort extra staff.

Any chances for me? Ill be finished here soon. Im £1.80 per metre for stock fence and £10 per strainer, all hand dug, £2.70 for deer fence. Theres a few here looking to go south theres no much work here. Nothing but bog and rock hereand itd be good to have the depth to put twp strainers in for gates. Cant get soil for one here half the time. Ill work with head torch too.

Hi Jamie you are in the wilds of the outer hebrides arent you/

when i lived in benbecula for one year i soon found out that being a fencer there was almost impossible because of the terrain and ground conditions,

i dont long for a return to those days!

i agree that the sheer physical nature of the work is off putting, i come home every night tired and everyone i know says they would hate my job, are we all right in the heads?

to get staff that are willing and \ or able to work unsupervised is nigh on impossible, unless they are experienced,

i wouldnt trust a novice to staple at the correct hieght, 

to bury a stay correctly etc im just as well doing it myself, 

thiing s like pinching post holes, laying out posts ready for chapping, rolling out wire is about the stretch of a novices capabilities.

Im just south of fortwilliam now, that deep soil is calling me, Im on my way down country. Work disnae scare me. If I could get any here id stay but theres nae fencing going here. Iv been fencing near ten years and its easyer than fishing for sure. I got my chinsaw three years ago and my tracked ticket last year but Im happy with shuvelers. Im gonnae be digging till I drop.

Archived