aches and pains!

Isle of Lewis

Hi there,

I get plent of aches and pains, to many to list. Think a lot are old rugby injuries catching up. I have always suffered with cramp in my hamstrin.

I find the aches and pains worst on damp days usually for me, cold is not so bad. I have knee pads in my trousers to stop knees getting cold on the floor when kneeling. I also sometimes wear base layer to keep warm especially when sweating. Can get so cold when been busy and stop for lunch.

As for how I cope? A nice hot bath at the end of the day and thinking of the invoice i will send when done.

knees, feet, back, right wrist, neck & shoulder, on a possessive note my hips are fine, well i say my hips, they are the ones i had fitted when the original ones got too painful lol

as the saying goes, "hard work never killed anyone, it just makes them a funny shape"

I use a heavy hammer for driving in gate hooks and after a full day hanging gates, I'll get tennis and golfers elbow (ones the tendon on top of your elbow, the other  below apparently). Doctor recommend anti-inflammatories and rest, but it doesn't seem to work. I also shear sheep and after a few days shearing or crutching the pain is gone but it can be painful when you first start.

Archived