rylock or lines?

premnayloon

Im often asked by customers what is better lines or rylock, to be honest im not too bothered I charge the same per metre for both, which I think is fair, for me it's swings and roundabouts,

For rylock obviously you are pulling only once per run, only rolling out along fence line once, but then you have the clamps to put on, the rylock to join, the vertical wires to cut out where required, all add time, but obviously when it pulled you have at least a sheep proof field,

For lines obviously you have more lines to put out, and you are tensioning more times too. But you can tension each wire individually if required, and install rads for easier maintenance, and the stapling can take longer,

What's everyone's pros and cons of each fence, and what is your preference.

No permanent boundary fences,

I've a customer who despite having lots of sheep prefers lines, he believes if one wire snaps there is a greater chance that existing wires will deter any escapes, where he says a hole or damage to rylock he believes seems to attract more escapes!

different parts of the country have different idea, area's of Northumberland and Scotland and high moorlands with heavy snow loading often go for lines where as others go for netting, Rylock is a brand name that's a rival of Tornado lol, its a bit like all vacume cleaners are hovers (not). Now having mentioned the rylock word im off to wash my mouth out with soapy water

Archived