String line or Wire

stevew

Hi Guys

What do you all use when setting out straight lines for stock fencing, string lines require setting out then then re-winding, wire you only roll out once?? I know people that use both systems. But just wondering what your thoughts are.

We use the thin blue twine that they used to use on round balers before the invention of net wrap its cheep 22.500 feet on a roll and very strong no winding it back up as it just goes in the bin after each job... Also a roll fits just right in an empty tornado staple bucket drill a hole in the top and it never gets tangled .. !

D A Mac its a pleasure sharing these little things just make sure you remember to tie the string to the bucket handle, we once lost most of a roll that worked loose all the way down the A45 through the middle of Birmingham .. Try winding that lot up gave up in the end there was still bits of blue sting along the curb 6months later .

Yep I use plain line too, even if I'm putting up rails I'll just staple along the top of the rail or a couple of inches below, though if customer would rather not have a wire just work a string line, lime the idea of a pail to store it

That's what this site's about, helping each other our job is hard enough as it is.

Archived