Horror show

Robbell

That's not what you want to see when you come home from the pub on a Saturday night. The question I ask is, A)  Why am I looking at this on a Saturday night? and B why has he put a double strut in he middle of a straight run? Does he like wasting time and materials?, its obviously not doing anything, and its not needed. At least he's trying to notch strainers, so maybe he just needs some guidance.

Im the hedge layer, last person to lay it, laid it the wrong way (down hill) so we turned it the right way, Lancashire and Westmorland style, double row of stakes. Hedge was only about 8' high and Id prefer a bit more length but she wanted it laying. knicking/ axework is clean

Not pretty!

Shocking that this work is still going on. How can we compete against that.

We are on a job at the minute and we have priced several bits for them and this is first we are doing, but the quality of what was done before is truly shocking. And that is at a local agricultural college, where you think they should be looking to set a high standard.

I made a comment about Staff, in this forum title of NEW STAFF in the Fencing Chat section 24/11/2014 unfortunately it's true. I have taken old fences down that are better than some of the new ones I have seen installed by so called professional contractors.

To leave that at a roadside is shameful, but maybe knew the hedge would hide it!

Just make sure that folk know it's not your work, do you know if he was paid for that?

I just got an email from a customer who I fence to last spring turns out a strainer has come out of the ground, it was a really hard bit of ground and didn't get strainer in as far ad I would like, it's on an acute corner,

So I'll go back and chap two strainers against each line to cut off the corner, if you know what I mean ,

Of course will be no charge to the customer, the fact she is a very attractive lady makes it a bearable cost!

Archived