octoposts

premnayloon

Im just in the middle of doing my first job with octoposts, has anyone else used them and how did you find the timber to work with?

I checked the guarantee of 25 years, has I always notch my strainers and wanted to ensure the warranty was not invalidated,

As long as any bared timber is treated with coal tar creosote then the warranty stands,

The posts are light to work with and I must say I've found them better than normal posts, they leave a very easing to the eye fence.

was speaking to the supllier this morning he was a t the Lamma show on the octopost stand ,  the supplier said that he is nearing the end of his current stock and the new stock, according to octopost themselves will  see the 25 yr warranty stand good regardless of how dry or wet the ground they are going in,

i can supplier the number of the supplier local to me should anyone want it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I didn't worry too much about it, each flat face is 2cm and its almost impossible not to land on a flat face, I ran insulator tubes on them which was great as only had to cut them 2-3 cms, making it cost less,

I wearing near the end of the job now ,thank God so will post pics soon,

Currently on the post and rAil section

The rails are not octopost ones , the ones they stock are quite thin, but the customer is going to creosote them after they are up.

• 1 month later...

Do you find these octoposts a bit small in diameter?,

Been putting some in today and I'm not very impressed with the size. I know their only 5'3" long but they seem a little too small.. 3 m spacing's are plenty, wouldn't like to go any wider.

Just finished 3000m stock fencing using octoposts,found them excellent to work with. Even building on machine is better 200 carried and dont crush you when strap removed to start chapping!Only drawback is the flushed look when you get to the pub, safety glasses and tub of barrier cream also recommended!

Archived