Stockade compressor

MikeW

Do any of you boys run a stockade compressor with your stapler? I currently use a 50 ltr Clarke petrol compressor which has more than enough capacity but is too heavy and top heavy making it a ballache to use. I would use the stapler a lot more with a better compressor. Have looked at the Clarke air in frame ones but don't know whether they would have enough air to keep the big bostich nailer going flat out? Just wondered if they were reliable and how you got on with them?

Thanks

I have got one. I can't fault it. Not had it long so can't comment on long term reliability but so far it has been great, easy to drain the air tanks and starts well, more than enough power. As for stability, I can't fault it. I can put it on the back of my truck and drive to site and across fields and it doesn't move at all. I am pleased I got that rather than the Clarke air frame. It also has an auto idle on it, so once got enough pressure in tanks, it cuts down on the revs and starts up when needed. Maybe doenst sound much, but it save a good bit of fuel I reckon. I doubt I have put two gallon in it yet and I think I have stalled up 10000 metre with it at least I reckon. I rate it highly.

By the way mike did you get my private message to you

• 1 month later...

We had an alternative make found it difficult to move around and trouble to use, changed to the Stockade compressor different bit of kit altogether, sits on the truck RTV or portable enough to carry into a garden to hogring rabbit netting. Subaru engine direct drive auto idle. A star rateing

Archived