Dug in gates

MikeW

I have been doing several dug in pairs of metal gates this week in field entrances using steel posts, I have been charging in £80 a gate but was talking to someone the other day and they said this was far to cheap! so just wondered where you guys were at! No problem if you don't want to disclose!

Same old thing with the question of price. We all have different overheads, and costs. It depends on how much you need a day and how many you can do a day. Which in turn depends on ground conditions etc.

If the customer was supplying all materials and concrete etc, I would generally be around 80-100 if the ground isn't to bad goign, if it was hard solid rock would be worse.

Hard to say and I am sure everyone will all have a diffenrt answer. But if you are making enough money at that and are happy, then that is good.

i came across someone who was on £20/ gate (fitting only) recently, i quoted £70.00. I would like to think that my gates would look better in 10 years time than his did on day of fitting.

we did a lot of gates for an estate last year on a fitting only basis, removing old posts, fitting new and hanging new wood gates, and could only manage around 4 gates a day, i was charging £200/day/man. Team of 2 men so worked out around £100.00/gate

As already stated ground conditions have to be taken into consideration most metal posts I put in are usually through concrete in yard`s and inside buildings as long as I can get tractor to within 6 meters which is the length of the pipes from the jackhammer to the tractor   around £100.

Square wood posts hand dug fair conditions £120. Usually make a bit on materials to but happy to supply labour only.

As already stated ground conditions have to be taken into consideration most metal posts I put in are usually through concrete in yard`s and inside buildings as long as I can get tractor to within 6 meters which is the length of the pipes from the jackhammer to the tractor   around £100.

Square wood posts hand dug fair conditions £120. Usually make a bit on materials to but happy to supply labour only.

what jack hammer do you use on a tractor hydrolics?

Hey Rob we've got a jack hammer that works off the tractor.. Not used it in years as you need to be s hell of a man to even pick it up it came off I think an old Bomog roller pack, just plug it in the hydraulics and away you go will knock through just about anything and shake your teeth out at the same time ...!

what jack hammer do you use on a tractor hydrolics?

Hi Rob

I do believe it’s a belle its identical to to the one in the link, not too heavy to handle and saves  some time when its needed would post a picture but having difficulties posting pictures of my phone onto threads. :(  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Benford-Diesel-Electric-hydraulic-breaker-pack-belle-gun-jcb-hyd-petrol-beaver-/291395701270?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43d8898a16

My picket postdriver has a bracker on its got plenty power I work with a 50 m hose but u can add on as much as u need handy for they bits u can't get near with the hydrolic bracker.its nice to worck as well long spike on it good for when u get near depth ur still in a good working position

Archived