early birds

Robbell

i was just having a quick poke around while eating my breakfast and noticed 6 members online in the last 15 mins

it was 06.10 am.

what time does everyone make a start in a morning?

I generally get up @ 5.30 and the lads are in the yard for 7.00

It all depends for me on the time of my 15 month son gets up from 4.15 to 5.30 at the moment.

My normal time is 5.30 and I like to be on job for 7.30 but this week I'm on a job n can't get in till 8.30 and we have to be away for 5 pm. Costomer has electric gates and won't open or close them at different times

I get up at 6 but we don't leave the yard till 8 when the staff come in, but I do have a herd of Angus sucklers to sort out first ..roll on spring when they all go out to grass life gets a bit Easyer. So generally don't finish till 8 in the evening in winter.

I'm not a morning person and although I currently get up at 6.30, but if I'm quite id much rather it was 8 am. Its the benefit of being my own boss. On the flip side id quite happily work till 8 at night and think nothing of it.

As long as I'm working by 9 I'm happy, but id be the first to admit you can get a hell of a lot done in that early morning stint between 7 and 9 that can make or break the day

I have spent years getting up at 5.30 and I hated it.

I'm usually left the house between 7-7.30,

And first thing I like to do when I arrive at site is have a cuppa, I learned that trick at the forestry commission,

Usually, half hour for lunch, afternoon tea, around 3pm, then work through but as me before I'm my own boss, ill happily work Saturday and Sunday, no problem although I have either allow my self a lie in on a Sunday or an early finish,

Depends on where we are working I   like to be on site for 8.

Have drove tractor over 100 miles to reach a job set of at 3.30 am, don’t do this to often.

Did abattoir work from leaving school regular 5 am stars no problem getting myself out of bed.

We generally start at about 7 in yard and sometimes vary it depending what we have on. I am usually up at 6.15 at the latest. I would prefer to stay in bed but that gets you know,where. Once up I love it, just the gettimg out is the hard bit. Although now with twins I am usually up,earlier than that, but have less time to do anything.

All depends where we are working, I like to be working by 8am regardless of how far it is and that can see us setting of at  5.30 some days. Generally if were local try to get on site for 7.30. We also carry out night shifts but that's on the de-veg side of things, I find that really hard, sends the body clock all over!

Archived