Staff pay

stevew

How do you guys pay your staff and what sort of rates

ie Team Leader. self employed. full time casual labour Experienced staff. None experienced. labourer. weekly. Hourly By the meter. Hourly plus meterage. Salary Bonus. . Commission ect. ect.

Two self employed guys with own 4x4 vehicles £80/day with performance related bonuses. They charge me a bit extra for using their own saws etc. Find day rate easier and is swings and roundabouts, some days will work quite late, others finished by 3. I also help them out by sourcing materials for their own jobs and happy to help them out with equipment etc as I want to look after them so they look after me and I see it more that they work with me not for me and think it works well. Will happily set achievable targets with bonuses if they complete. 

That is how i used to,do it mike, was on a rate per metre that gave them chance to earn good money for self employed. Then one guy wanted to come on books, so we went for low salary with performance bonus, as tht is what he wanted, decided it wasn't for him, so changed it to flat rate salary for 42-46 hour week, with overtime afterwards, tried to bring him in as director, looked after them well and you get no more thanks for it. Now after change of staff I have a high skilled guy who we pay hourly. He has all his CPcs cards etc and works well. I can leave him in charge and to get on while I am looking at jobs.he is on 11 per hour. I sometimes have other labour when required, it's hard just trying to find the right guys. I start them off on minimum wage and say if prepared to work and prove themselves will keep reviewing. So I have tried lots of diffenrt ways. The better lads will definitely Want more money. I thin as long as they earn it back is the most i,port at thing. The cheapest Man in the business is me. Dread to think what my hourly rate is, but there are a lot of perks not taken into account.

Wish I could find staff worth paying. The good ones learn the ropes then set up in competition! Had few young lads, ok at driving the tractor but for the hard work just want to be on their phone!

Think a good rate for casual helper who knows what there doing is £12hr.

Our guys vary between £8.00. and £12.00 per hour all the usual holls ppe training contract and hand book team leaders have company phone and vehicle. The reason i started the thread i had a guy apply for a job today nearly fell over, he is on £14.50 per hour at his existing job. Just wondering who would be working for who, and no he didn't get the job !

Our guys vary between £8.00. and £12.00 per hour all the usual holls ppe training contract and hand book team leaders have company phone and vehicle. The reason i started the thread i had a guy apply for a job today nearly fell over, he is on £14.50 per hour at his existing job. Just wondering who would be working for who, and no he didn't get the job !

I am.available at£14.50 an hour. Stock,fencing prefered but will push myself to do anything if asked nicely

The guy was 53 years young lived in UK for many years but came from Australia worked in New Zealand only ever used hand tools, didn't know how to use any machinery at all ,!!! one of the first questions was, what hours per day how long for lunch and do we stop for a brew

Don't employ anyone so am not much use. When I was starting up had casual help on £10/hr. But it was unsustainable for unskilled labour and they cost too much for the output, Unskilled labour has to be really cheap to add any value but you cant expect people to work for peanuts.. So decided to be a one man band be more efficient.

Archived