Kubota RG30 tracked post knocker

JW Conservation ltd

Hi guys, one of our kubota RG30 (protech) post knockers has a problem, it jams on its track brakes after about 10 yards and the only way to free it off is to turn the machine off and wait 2-3 mins and move it another 10 yards before the track lock up again! I replaced the tandem pump but to no avail, has anybody had anything like this happen before? I know a few of you chaps have these machines.  

Have you tried Protech? they are pretty knowledgeable on the RG30's. I have had mine for about 3 years and its been ok but think it is underpowered and I don't like the handbrake situation. It would be much better if it was like a digger and stopped on a slope when you let go of the levers but the transmitions are different as you know.

Did you have the same symptoms as I have described? I would of thought if a final drive had gone then it wouldn't track/move at all? I have contacted Cautrac but there technician was busy and said he would ring tomorrow. Took the spool block that had the parking brake, low/high box lever on to check for a blown seal but everything seems to be in order. 

Cautrac are very expensive, I feel that they think they have you by the short a curlies and I don't like that! so to date I have managed to cross match all the parts ive needed so I don't have to use them! any plant fitter that's any good should be able to sort you out

• 1 year later...

Archived