Fence tags

tepapa

I am looking for a way to permanently mark my fencing with a small tag hung on the wire or a plate stapled onto the strainer with my name and date of installation. Every time I pull up an old fence it makes me think who put it up and when/ how long has it lasted. I also hope that anyone who sees my fencing would think "who's done that" as it completely different to the norm.

Any ideas where I could get something or go about making?

Was thinking something punched into a small plate of ally and you could deface a month and year punched in a grid like they do on utility poles.

Any ideas Tornado for a product? It would make a nice Christmas present for your Contractor network :D

We had metal tags done quite a while ago to be honest I can't remember howmuch they cost they weren't cheep but had 500 done and we only put them on places that people will see. We also have larger plastic ones that we put on industrial jobs.. But well worth it we did a featheredge job with fancy trellis by a school there's just a little tag on the gate must of had more than 25 jobs of the over the years

99232ECE-6A61-42CB-A79A-8F7B17388061_zps

We have had a selection of ones done, but no metal ones. We have large plastic ones for on roadside fences and then smaller ones for gate posts. We did get some done with our logo on and then a close the gate sign underneath and that was a nice touch on farm gates. Will try and get a picture of one. I also found the metal ones to expensive. I also had quite a few stickers made up, and these were good for on the commercial / steel fencing.

Thanks Post Driver, Are you using these yourself?

You don't get the same quality of sites when you type in just "metal tags" into google

We have some engraved plastic tags that were made up locally. Put them on domestic jobs mainly. But coincidentally I was looking at a new BBH telegraph pole the other day and they rebate a round metal tag into the pole with it's date and some serial numbers, had me thinking about metal tags again.

If I was looking for a long term solution I would probably go Dibond which is an aluminum composite material and would be weather proof. For a 3mm thick sign 195mm x 135mm (7 3/4 " x 5 1/4") printed on one side you would pay something between £1.50 and £2.00. For a smaller 60mm x 40mm "tag" you would pay between £0.15 and £0.20 each. The people below are who we would use.

http://www.easierprint-trade.co.uk/category/dibond.aspx 

We have no plans to make any Tornado signs at the moment

Archived