ok boys, teas up!

premnayloon

So what are the breaks you work for refreshments,

When I arrive on site before 8 am, a quick tea , then work till 9.30 official break,

Noon or thereabouts for lunch,

30-45 mins depends on how tough a morning it's been, and w

How interesting Jeremy vine is!

Afternoon cuppa 3 pm , and then head home around 5 unless I'm behind on work,

I don't officially stop, will poor tea first thing and when ever I'm near tractor or am strutting up will brew up and drink as I go. Too lazy to make lunch and too tight to buy it, so just stop for a 10min sit down in tractor round lunch and check on you guys if I have signal. Use the down time to go fetch something out the tailer or tidy up. Sad isn't it

When I had help in the past would stop 10 for 15 min then at 12.30 for 30 mins then 3.30 for 10 min.

It does help production have wee breaks and a bit off crack .good time to get the boy focus agin.

Now am on my own I work steady long hour with early start and generally eat on the hoof don't no how long I will stick at this but it's ok for now

we have a brew before we start because the lads dont eat breakfast, Ken bruce's pop master @ 10.30, lunch 12.30 and quick brew 3 in winter (if we bother) and 3.30 in summer, when i was on my own i never stopped but nearly ended up with an ulcer, now i have employees i have a legal duty for breaks (apparently) 

age has slowed and wearied me so i need the rest and as someone once said, "a fire wont burn without fuel lol"

• 4 weeks later...

Funny how quite a few have mentioned that when they are on their own they stop little if at all! Just the same here- I have some one with me these days but I'm sure there is a lot more breaks and time wasted talking etc compared with being on my own. Also in the summer on my own I would regularly work till 8pm+ but always left site around 5ish now.

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't got time for a break or need to work late every night, somethings wrong.

It's not sustainable, your family life will suffer and no one will be impressed or thank you for it.

As an exmaple had a tiler in a couple of months ago, he rocked up at half 8 in the morning had plenty of tea breaks, all done and packed away by 3pm and earnt approx. £250 for his labour.

He won't be boasting too his mates about working all the hours god sends.

So make time for a break, you could use the time to ponder how to do things more efficiently, you want to be paid on results not on hours worked.

Archived