how's everyone with pro fencers getting on

Rossco

IMG_20150330_130315_zpsi9qcbx5d.jpg
(SOLONET) Picture is easier, have just finished off the last of a roll and joining next, have prestressed the first roll, and as its clamped will crimp to the next. Both rolls are the same height and you can lift loader to comfortable working height. Then just carry on!

If you don't mind me asking how much is the solo version in comparison?

How do you cope with internal corners with one of them, will it tension around an internal 90 degree corner?

I presume when tensioning you have to hard staple to the strainer then tie off?

Do you find it strains the loader?

What sort of length will it strain at a time?

Cheers

Jon

If you want a machine that self loads then unrolls wire of any height tension it forwards or reverse at most angles and be able to adjust the distance from the fence, without haveing to balance the throttle clutch and handbrake complying with all health and safety legislation , save massive amounts of time and money . Then buy a PROFENCER ring Allan Frogget on 07785700952 www.profencer.co.uk. It is the only machine on the market that will do all that. If you still struggle to make a decision then look at the build quality engineering and amount of materials in PROFENCER It's a no brainer

SIMPLES. !! ( he may have used machine in stock)

post-82-0-93739200-1427960997_thumb.jpg

Replies to your questions Ajmoore1

Q1)I looked into both and the PROFENCER was £7350 (1.2m two way clamp, inc toolbox barb wire dispenser) SOLONET £1750 (Have only just added on the second net carrier and barb carriers and not had bill so don't know what that will add to cost). Prices as at Lamma 2015 ex VAT and ex delivery.

The people with profencers think they are brilliant and I think they are a quality machine and genuinely a revolution to fencing but I couldn't/can't afford one :(. I would also need front links which I priced at £2500 and I already owned the loader which is essential for my fencing system anyway.

Q2) It will pull round 90 degree corners but best not to as its difficult to get even tension on both sides and keep vertical wires right , you can either strain to the corner and add netting clamps to hold tension and then carry on to next strainer to  keep pulling, or use a gut pull and tie off around the corner with clamp one side/netting board the other, or pull to both ends clamp one side netting boards the other. depends on the situation and what works best

Q3)Hard stapling is a sin! Either do a gut pull to centre or end of last roll with netting board pulling off the solonet, or tie on a short run of net on the strainer and join to the stained net, or I generally pull to the strainer and tie off before adding the strut (which is already prepared, photo in gallery). Tension on the tensioned net will generally take up the little slack in the netting/ movement.

Q4) Ye puts some sideways strain on the loader, not sure whether it will do any permanent damage put being able to pull off both sides evens out the wear.

Q5)Pulls 250m easy, don't do many fences over this so can't comment, I would combine with netting boards if it wasn't working on a long distance.

Over view.

You will not beat the profencer for its tensioning ability and manoeuvrability to line up with strainer/fence line but you do pay for the privilege.

The solonet on a loader (3 point linkage available) may be simple using the loaders ability and hydraulics but has its own benefits, payback is a lot quicker as there wont be much time difference between both machines. Clamping is quick without leaving the cab and I will often pre-stress as I'm going down fence to set the termination knots or if I'm pulling past a turning post so I can put in some slip staples as it only takes a couple of seconds to clamp and pull. It works off both sides so you can pick which direction is best to pull in. It will lift over strainers and obstacles as your driving. On the downside it is harder to get it perfectly in line with fence (if you ever needed to). You do rely on traction to get the tractor to pull the net, and if you try over strain it will try and pull sideways rather than forward (this is where profencer excels) but I haven't managed not to pull a fence to good tension yet.

If your looking to buy which either you decide you wont regret buying such a device, its horses for courses and how deep are your pockets. Both machines make the job a lot simpler, quicker and easier, the Solonet suited my system and my pocket. I think my Solonet is great and would recommend either.

The guys with profencers would probably rather give up fencing than go without the profencer now :P

Allan has joined the forum so he may add some comments?

The deer fencer is like the rest of the machine, it has been designed and built by a PROFESSIONAL fencing contractor with many years of experience , who like us all struggled but then he decided there was a better easier and more professional way of doing the job that would also save time and money, the thought process that went into design and build must have cost him many sleepless nights, it takes only a few minuets and is a simple process to change from the standard post to the deer post, when installed it dose exactly what it should

The the machine is capable of being used by a single operator, however as an employer under the working alone regs and risk assessments all our guys work in teams of two.

With your reference to tensioning , as you are aware it depends on many factors, length of run, how straight is the run,how level is the run, ground conditions, type of timber and wire used. Unlike other machines I have not heard of this machine moving sideways when tensioning

I am sure that Allan has far better knowledge and advice, and will always give an honest answer !

That's a good point you make stevew, the SOLONET was also designed by a PROFESSIONAL fencing contractor who is also talented enough to design, build and sell a tracked knocker that will work in some of the harshest parts of NZ. But who's design brief is to keep it simple and affordable, it only runs out netting after all. 

Checkout his stuff on www.solofencingsystems.com

Don't be fooled into having to buy a profencer. If you speak to both they can both put across their good points.

I did look at both that's why I bought a PROFENCER . Don't see many of your machines around is there a reason for that. Glad to see you support a Local businesses and uk economy

I must be missing some thing, because I thought this forum was for like minded people to help each other !!

I DON'T KNOW WHY THERE ARE SO MANY CAPITALS IN THIS THREAD. ????

We have a ProFencer but it is an early prototype. We contacted Allan for a demo and to see if he knew of any second hand machines available. He didn't know of any but said he had an early prototype that was fully functional and had been used in his own business to good effect. He brought it down along with a production model, needless to say we were sold after one strain and it stayed mounted on the tractor. We have used it mounted on the loader and it's fine, don't get any mammoth pulls so very little twist to the loader, plus you can have the machine sat on its skids to take the weight off the loader and position the netting using the hydraulics. It doesn't have the angle tilt function so some strains aren't feasible.

The turntable spins on bearings so one man can pull off dozens of meters on his own with little resistance.

Great machine designed by a working man, will last you a lifetime.

I did look at both that's why I bought a PROFENCER . Don't see many of your machines around is there a reason for that. Glad to see you support a Local businesses and the UK economy

I must be missing some thing, because I thought this forum was for like minded people to help each other !!

Stop picking on me stevew!!

Ajmoore1 asked the questions and I was happy to reply, i Have only tried to give a fair review.

I checked the forum rules and nowhere does it. say we have to be like minded to be on here.

But get your facts straight if your going to be clever.

Simon Dale of solofencingsystems was born in NZ but has lived and fenced over here for over 20 years, u would have found this out if you had actually spoken to him. He manufactures over here and exports all over the world. I would count that as a British company I am supporting and the UK economy.

you may not like me but don't bad mouth someone else's product to try and get at me!

Let's see your comeback now Stevew, am sure you will try put me down again.

Hi Rossco.

The only way to find out if the ProFencer will work for you is to have a no obligation demo.

I am very happy to do this for you or anybody else who might be interested.

Give me a ring. on 07785700952.

Regards.

Allan Froggatt. { ProFencer Ltd.}

Most certainly not picking on you or trying to put you down, and I am sorry if I have upset you, but that is the second little rant you have had over things I have said.

The Title of the thread started by Rossco was ( how's everyone with profencer getting on )

He didn't ask for an advert or appraisal for Solonet or any other machine. And I didn't mention any rules, That's not being clever those are the facts.

I don't have a problem with that, but you asked about PROFENCER all I have done is give an honest opinion on the merits of that machine from experience, and at no time have I Bad Mouthed other products. Can we now move on !

Archived