ticks

RED STAG

Just wondering what if any precautions you are taking against TICKS we don’t suffer to badly hear in Lancashire.

But I know you folk working north of the border and you fellas farther south will have to take precautions just wondering what you use we do all of course  know about lymes   disease?

If you don’t I would suggest you google it Lymes disease is a particularly unpleasant disease to say the least.

When I get the opportunity to roll about the Scottish country side in pursuit of one of my pastimes I get the wife to done the rubber gloves and o tom tick remover and do the sack and crack inspection.

We are at risk doing the job we do just thought I would mention it.  

south lakes is heavily infested with ticks and once took 36 off my dog but to my knowledge iv only ever had 2 or 3 on me, normally around the groin area.

I just self check in the shower but getting the wife to do it in rubber gloves does sound like fun

Pentlands hill have no tick our very little . But up twedmuir talla direction there are some spots that have bad tick.

I have never had tick on me to my knowledge and have been working with guys in the same area that were covered by them .

Advise I would give is iff u do get tick on u put it in ur diray it helps when u come down with fever a loot off GP in this country don't pick it up so iv been told .

Im on an island on the west coast of Scotland and theres bits where they are bad. Lost a cow to red water once which was from a tick bite. Never found any on me but my dogs had plenty. There was a local shooter who was fit as a fiddle but ended up in a wheel chair for years because of a tick bite. He actually just died their. Not sure if it was related to tick bite

Archived