When did you last get a Tetanus jab..?

Charliehub

Red Stags topic on ticks made me think about this one, we all work in an industry that involves mud, muck and getting cuts, having spent a day at A&E with an infection in my hand (caused by a splinter) they were surprised to find I had not had a booster injection for Tetanus for 25 odd years, (they last about 10years)

It's a very simple thing to get done and bearing in mind it can kill you quite quickly.

Most of the younger generation should have lifetime cover as they should have had the 5 doses of treatment that the nhs carry out but some of us older ones would not have had this so its worth a call to you GP to see if you need a booster.

Eggs steak and chips with a pint am starving.

Don't no when I last had a shoot but the last month our two cut and scrapes have not been healing as quick and getting infected more than the normal so am going to GP to see iff am due a jab.

Rather take half hr out my day than lose a week

Like rob I will not have had one for years i was told by a nurse because we are exposed to cuts more than your average person  we do have a certain resilience.

Don’t know how true that is the NHS have been known to get things wrong.

I am not sure when I ladt had one, at school I think when I was about 14 but I could be wrong. I am hoping I come under the younger category that charlie Hubbard talks about, but I doubt it. I did try and ask when we took the kids for there 12 week jabs about it, but the nurse was not interested and siad I need to find out and book if so. I said can you not just check your records and if not, give me one while I am here. The scene was set, everything I needed for my tetanus was there, a nurse to adminster it, me to recievd it and I am sure Mrs w would have a lollipop for me for afterwards, but she was not a happy nurse. I was only trying to save on waiting times and improve efficiency of the nhs, but it seemed it was a no go.

Archived