Mini digger mounted post driver

ffencing

As per title are mini digger mounted post drivers any good?

Is it a pain to keep them level and is it really a two man job?

Do most diggers have standard sized pins so you can just hire a mini digger as and when, even if it may be a different make each time?

TIA  :)

We have a Postpuncher made by Chalk Valley Engineering fitted to a Kubota KX 71. It has a tube that fits over the post and the hammer is in the tube this allows you to position the post and move it in any direction. we have used it on 3" to 8" posts, it allows you to put posts in over ditches, hedges, up and down banks, if we have small or awkward jobs this is the machine we use. Only down side with the machine is its always a 2 man job you have to have a good smooth machine and a good operator (Is it any good ! ) Well if it was destroyed in the morning, would have ordered a new one by lunch time

We also have an atlas copco with a 5" cap fitted to a Kubota U10 this is a handy machine but only for small jobs it will fit through pedestrian gateways to install rabbit fencing in gardens ect

The atlas also fits onto the KX 71, this gives you incredible hight and manoeuvrability ideal for pheasant pens in woodland

• 2 weeks later...

We have a Postpuncher made by Chalk Valley Engineering fitted to a Kubota KX 71. It has a tube that fits over the post and the hammer is in the tube this allows you to position the post and move it in any direction. we have used it on 3" to 8" posts, it allows you to put posts in over ditches, hedges, up and down banks, if we have small or awkward jobs this is the machine we use. Only down side with the machine is its always a 2 man job you have to have a good smooth machine and a good operator (Is it any good ! ) Well if it was destroyed in the morning, would have ordered a new one by lunch time

We also have an atlas copco with a 5" cap fitted to a Kubota U10 this is a handy machine but only for small jobs it will fit through pedestrian gateways to install rabbit fencing in gardens ect

The atlas also fits onto the KX 71, this gives you incredible hight and manoeuvrability ideal for pheasant pens in woodland

I would second this, I started my fencing buisness with a takeuchi TB016 with a post driver on it- also made by chalk valley engineering- but not the same as described above, i ended up making alterations to it to make it easier to you, i still stand by the fact that in average/good ground i can get stakes in faster and straighter on my own than 2 of us can do with our tractor and fully hydraulic wrag postdriver, howeverthe digger is not the machine if you have alot of big posts to put in as it only has a 120kg hammer. I use a strained barb wire suspended 3ft above ground and just pull the stakes untill they touch the wire- works very well.

I find a big percentage of my jobs requires having my digger (now a takeuchi tb125, 3 tonner) on site to do pre clearance, footing up the devon banks/clearing brash with the grab i have for it, by having a post knocker too i often only need the 1 machine on site to do the whole project.

Also they are cheap on diggers- 2K will buy you a new one and there is very little to go wrong with them, digger uses ****** all diesel too!

Archived