wire samples

premnayloon

In light of tepapas comment regarding him having the great idea of carrying a collection of wire samples.

I was wondering if there is scope for tornado to offer samples of different specs of mesh, I was thinking perhaps the condemned rolls could be used for such a thing, if you were to have a sample of each spec, then an accompanying list of different gauge, I.e ht, ms, med.light etc, and the different lengths of rolls.

And of course I would be willing to pay for such a thing to cover tornados time, and effort, and scrap value,

Was just a thought if that's not possible perhaps a picture of each product.

A good suggestion, we could start our own from offcuts from jobs. You would only want to carry them when quoting. I find space runs out and somehow you always lack a tool you should of brought to the job, despite having a tool carrying/storage system.

I can certainly look at the viability of doing this (without promising it will be possible!!!)  could you suggest a (short) list of the wire samples that would be useful to you.

could you also let me know your thoughts on how you would want these presented. John was talking about having comparative nets joined together, is this the way you would want it to be done?  Are you demonstrating spacings or knots or both?

Realistically we are unlikely to be able to get anything done this side of the show season, but it may be possible for September/October

Personally I would go for,

8/80/15

8/80/22

6/83/22.

R12/110/8.

R13/120/5.

And a sample of the different knots, and also a sample of titan barbed just to compare to mild steel I've a job getting my customers off the ms barbed, they think 1.6 is too thin but don't know their is the intermediate titan barbed.

They could just one section of each by that I mean if there are 8 lines then a strip of that and so on, how about presenting them looped through a short piece of each grade of barbed, (just to please robbell! ) sorry Robert!

A section to include just the full height and 1 pair of vertical wires. Possibly all joined in a book form hinged at the bottom. Then lay it on the floor and  lift each page up against proposed boundary or fence location to show the differences. Rabbit, chicken, stock and the various mesh sizes but not tall pieces of deer etc.

Personally I would just need, HT 8/80/15- 8/80/22- 8/80/30 and pheasant friendly HT????? (if joinable) one of each square all joined together to make it just over a meter wide to give a visible sample

and  equine r 13/120/5 r13/120/8, I think you could just hide a line or two to demonstrate shorter nets or shorter nets crimped to taller ones to show height difference?

I think the issue with that could be that it's the fact the customer can feel the thickness of wires, actually see the different . Knots in 3d, and certainly for me if it was the barbed unless you gave a same of both folk would struggle to see on a pic the difference in thickness between the three types,

I can see your point but it could be the actual ability to feel the product that would make someone mind up,

I think Al I would need is the equine nets most farmers and est have a good idea off what u are talking about and a picture and spec sheet. But trying to get it across to horse people can be hard work

And getting paid by them as well!! :unsure:

Archived