Installing reclaimed estate railings, Idea one or two???

Hi all, need some advice on a job I am doing next week. Have been asked to install some reclaimed 6ft lengths of railings, however they have had the metal spikes they are usually installed with cut off. My two ideas were to either bolt the railings together and then put a wooden post behind and attach them to the post. Not sure how I would attach it though?

Or the second method of putting a post in between the two ends of the railings and screw them to the post through the bolt holes. Which would you think you look best, I prefer the second idea as it will all be in line then and look better

I have attached two diagrams showing the two ideas as well, excuse the rough drawings only a diagram.

Any ideas or past experiences much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Haydn

post-692-0-38707000-1431961556_thumb.png

Idea two is best. But got to admit it's a compromise. I have propped estate railings up in private parkland with wooden posts just for an economic quick fix to keep cattle at right side.

But not where the public see it.

Could you get some H profile steel to sandwich between the sections. Might not cost that much more than a post and will last longer whilst looking the part.

Could you get some H profile steel to sandwich between the sections. Might not cost that much more than a post and will last longer whilst looking the part.

This ^ is what I'd do, either H bean, T beam, even angle iron.

If the customer hasn't the budget to do the job, I'd question wether you should do it.

We've all been there,you need to work out who your ideal customer is and tailor your marketing towards them.

How do you advertise at present?  

The Facebook demographic is very different to that you get from high google rankings, W-o-M or more conventional media.

This ^ is what I'd do, either H bean, T beam, even angle iron.

If the customer hasn't the budget to do the job, I'd question wether you should do it.

We've all been there,you need to work out who your ideal customer is and tailor your marketing towards them.

How do you advertise at present?  

The Facebook demographic is very different to that you get from high google rankings, W-o-M or more conventional media.

I tend to advertise on my facebook page and by word of mouth at present

Archived