g pak strut wire from gripple

Rossco

Ive used plenty of g pacs and they seem quite good, ever so easy to use but expensive. Don't bother with the G-pac 3's for box struts only use the 4's with large gripples. My preferred method is 2 strands of 3.15ht in a figure of eight, pulled as tight as you can with the pullers then crimp it, cheaper in materials but takes a while longer and more fiddly. Depends on the job and what's available really but I've used 3.15ht and medium gripples in the past and its not good enough, one of the first jobs I used them on more than half of them failed when the gripples tore themselves apart and a lot broke before I even finished the job!  I think the gripples work better on the wire rope than the ht wire as it allows them to bite in better imo.

G Pak's are good pieces of kit and are really fast to use.however the cost does add up when you are using a few of them.in future I think I'm going back to the 3 strands of ht and crimped,have done this in the past with medium cripples and have also had them tear apart, this has also made me wonder if I can trust them on other jobs.

We don't do that many H braces and have used G pack 4 but had problems with them popping also the wire breaking where the tool cam was gripping it, so tend to use ht 3.15 and a Jumbo gripple you will not break a Jumbo the wire will go first if anything and cheaper than a G pack

We have done it with griplles and crimps and although griplles are easier I think crimps are better. I didmby some,of the large griplles charlie Hubbard and imhave had a couple break when tensioning them, I know you have to get the angle right but the ones I used do not seem as strong as the mediums.

I'm not talking about the large Charlie I'm talking about jumbo gripples totally different thing if you had to pick the sexiest Gripple it would be a jumbo we've not had any for a while not sure if tornado even if sell them used in the vineyards mainly

I'm not talking about the large Charlie I'm talking about jumbo gripples totally different thing if you had to pick the sexiest Gripple it would be a jumbo we've not had any for a while not sure if tornado even if sell them used in the vineyards mainly

Sexy gripples! Might have to bring them into the bedroom for some uses.

Archived