Fencing on Steep banks slopes ditches

stevew

if I cant get there with the tracked knocker which I am quite brave with (had it on its side more than once!) then use the drivall or the atlas copco. If its strainers ive got a big drivall that will take 7" posts so dig a foot or two and soak with water for a bit if necessary then set to it! surprising how well they go in

I take it you would do this if the hammer was on the other side,

It's when you can't open the door you know your in trouble,

I stuck the tractors at home earlier this year the clutch side so far down couldn't open the door had to use other door, and jump a hell of a height, that side didn't even break the surface.

The blister, ( as I call the boy iWork to) used some words I think will be repeated when he gets his 6 grand , post and wire bill from ravenhill.

if you  had to jack up a tractor until it fell over it would be a hell of an angle and height,

what throws over most tractors is bounce or speed,I was brought up on steep ground and learned little tricks like moving very slowly etc

We go to what angles we consider safe, but I always have internal oil pumps in mind. Are they getting oil flow??? Its worth checking the makers recommend angles. Dry oil pumps don't last long £££££££s

We were working down near Bath a few months ago, a pig of a job from the start 3 rail post and rail and stock net attached, 70% of the fence line were on steep banks, really was the limit for the tracked knocker, any more and it would have gone over, fortunately the block was knocking into the bank at 1 point it was loaded up with posts and rails, obviously the rails where on the opposite side of the block making it more likely to roll, at 1 point the posts started sliding side ways, that's when I lost my bottle and unloaded the rails as well to keep as much weight as possible into the bank, the next fence line could only be accessed across a pretty wide ditch thought we would be ok tracking across 8' long ramps how ever they disappeared the machine went down and pretty much the sunk! Over an hour to get it out! What a job! I do have some pics but not sure how to put them on here off the I phone??

Archived