Deer fencing - installed price per metre?

Guest Nick

Afternoon all,

I wonder if you might be able to contribute to an internal debate we're having...

We're in the midst of some research for next year, looking at various deer fencing markets around Europe. We're particularly interested in the price per metre for installed fencing - mostly full height deer nets around the 194 / 200cm height mark.

Could you let us know what factors you would incorporate into this / how you would calculate £ p/m for these kind of specs?

Any insights would be appreciated - it would be great to get some different perspectives.

Thanks gang :)

Nick

Hi Nick if this helps,

My spec would be deer posts every 4-6 mtrs. with normal 5'6" in between, helps to cut the cost of the timber a bit,

And rather than deer net, ht rylock, with light rylock above it again keeps cost down perhaps more work rolling wire out twice and working hog rings and lashing rods.

AnywAy if e v everything is supplied I think I'd be looking for £8-9 per metre add an extra pound a metre for rabbit net.

Hi Nick if this helps,

My spec would be deer posts every 4-6 mtrs. with normal 5'6" in between, helps to cut the cost of the timber a bit,

And rather than deer net, ht rylock, with light rylock above it again keeps cost down perhaps more work rolling wire out twice and working hog rings and lashing rods.

AnywAy if e v everything is supplied I think I'd be looking for £8-9 per metre add an extra pound a metre for rabbit net.

wash your mouth out with soapy water Gordon, F004ING RYLOCK!!!!!. remember its a tornado web site lol

supply and erect

10' strainers, 9' posts every 4 to 6 depending on ground conditions, plain wire below then a one piece net for £8 to £10/m depending on ground conditions, give me long straight, flat runs and ill get nearer £7.00 but it would need to be perfect conditions

I thought they had made it so,the r word got changed to something else. We would probably be a little bit more than you rob, I would aim to get about 10 quid per metre supplied and fitted if possible, but we are more like about 8-9 as a rule. But all depends on net and stakes etc.

In response to your question, areas I would look at when working out a price.

Post centres

Amount of strainers

Ground conditions,

Type of net 13/17 line wire. ( it does change installation time a bit)

Access

Is the fence line clear

Length of runs

If you need some help with your European research I am sure there are many willing volunteers to go and have a look round Europe on tornados expenses bill.

I thought they had made it so,the r word got changed to something else. We would probably be a little bit more than you rob, I would aim to get about 10 quid per metre supplied and fitted if possible, but we are more like about 8-9 as a rule. But all depends on net and stakes etc.

In response to your question, areas I would look at when working out a price.

Post centres

Amount of strainers

Ground conditions,

Type of net 13/17 line wire. ( it does change installation time a bit)

Access

Is the fence line clear

Length of runs

If you need some help with your European research I am sure there are many willing volunteers to go and have a look round Europe on tornados expenses bill.

To Late Charlie, Geoff Forster flew out of Manchester out this morning

I took a big dear net job on 12 months ago, it was over 4000 meters as it was such a big quantity i got the job at £8 per meter and I have to be honest biggest mistake I ever made and learning from this I have never erected Deere netting for less then £10 per meter since! and that would be my minimum I have been getting local jobs at £12-£15 per meter and trust me when I say if you haven't done much before then you will need it, hope this helps pal   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have a deer fence with iron post galvinised and green coatet, space between 3 mtr  lengt of the post 3 mtr  corner and tension post 3.5 mtr , deernet Ht   it cost € 13.5 p mtr

It is a goverment job they count on a service life of 30 year  We put up for them last 3 years  26500 mtr .

Regards

Beert

Archived