unemployed/ un-employable

Robbell

As some of you will be aware iv been looking for additional staff and while trawling through my texts deleting themI came across one from someone looking for work back in June,

I rang him and after a brief chat offered him the work, arranged for him to start as soon as i got back off Hol and arranged accommodation for him, Start date 31/08/2015 HE DIDN'T SHOW, didn't get hold of him for 24 hrs anly to be told sorry Rob but Mum passed away Sunday night

We had a chat and decided in order to sort out the funeral etc i said start in a fortnight then, ie Today 14/09/2015

spoke to him yesterday & yes he was coming down from Galashiels, setting off &4.30 to arrive here for 7 (ish)

again NO SHOW, WOULDNT ANSWER PHONE OR REPLY TEXTS.

i typed his mob number into Google and found a firewood add with a landline number & to say his partner sounded surprised when she answered to me is an understatement

Its fair to say he wont be starting for me now or anytime in the future 

Feel for you Rob nothing worst than being messed about, don't know how they sleep at night, it's the main reason I scaled down the fencing side to just one gang and started to do more supply, it's got progressively harder to find good reliable staff an quite frankly I'm fed up with it, we make good money with less stress and hassle with one team...it's hard turning good jobs away cos you can't do them in time but it also gives you a chance to pick the good jobs out from the bad.

I know this attitude would be against many of you on here and 15 odd years back it was the opposite to my thinking when I was ready to take the world on... But there you go

• 10 months later...

Feel for you Rob nothing worst than being messed about, don't know how they sleep at night, it's the main reason I scaled down the fencing side to just one gang and started to do more supply, it's got progressively harder to find good reliable staff an quite frankly I'm fed up with it, we make good money with less stress and hassle with one team...it's hard turning good jobs away cos you can't do them in time but it also gives you a chance to pick the good jobs out from the bad.

I know this attitude would be against many of you on here and 15 odd years back it was the opposite to my thinking when I was ready to take the world on... But there you go

This is exactly the direction I'm headed.  I'm glad to have found a place where EVERYONE knows what I'm fighting.  Well said, Charlie

Archived