what driver

premnayloon

So folks what driver or as we up here in Scotland call it (chapper) do you all work

I usually use a drag chapped, as that is the type that the contractor that I work uses, I must say I do like it and have found no real down side to it,

I have used a Bryce before with another guy who I use for smaller jobs as he is getting on a bit, and there can be no doubt as to the quality of the product, though I have heard that the man himself is not as nice as his chapped

I fenced to customer who bought themselves a kinghitter whilst in its day it would have been a really good machine there was too much play on the seals and bearings.

We've got a bryce and can't fault it to be honest for power and precision. Also have recently bought a smaller tracked protech which has been a god send recently. Both have good points but run along side each other really well, so far anyway. Power of the bryce for cattle corrals and hard ground and the smaller access jobs and one man operation of the protech. Nice not having to jump on and off tractor or pay someone to sit on it

We run the Protech tracked machine. We love it, works well for our situation. I would not be able to have afforded to buy a tractor and a tractor mounted machine aswell. The set up cost seemed lower witht this. It can be used as a 1 man machine quite easily and the other guy can be wiring up behind. Have used a Bryce as well when we had technical difficulties with our Protech and it was a great machine too, although we had 1 man on a tractor not doing much really.

Don't seem to hear or see much of the wrag post drivers now?

im a tractor and protech guy, i also have a old daleside knocker that no one will have heard of as they only made 3 but its a brilliant little knocker. the idea of a tracked machine appeals but when we had one on demo couldnt get along with it

We bought a Brice. HD 180 last November and have just ordered another its an unreal bit of kit. Put two 2.4 - 200 round gate posts in and hang the gate 20 mins, one man operation caries 75 stakes or 35 2.4 - 175 strainers. Works on both sides and rear of the machine. 75ml rock spike for hard ground, cap rotator for post and rails, biggest job is keeping it supplied with stakes. Jock Brice is really helpful and a top man producing a top flight machine. Just hope he doesn't sell another machine in my area. We also use a Profencer on a New Holland ts135 for putting 500mtr rolls of wire up.a Kubota 900 rtv with a compressor and a staple gun from the wonderful

Hillary .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thinking of a new knocker but unsure weather to go down the tracked route, the biggest consideration would be price, anyone know what price roughly the protech and bryce hd180 are ? I see that vector power drive/brenann fencing make one too but never heard of anyone dealing with them ? Any advice would be helpfull !

I think the new hd 180's and protechs are about £35000 and the vector is similar, handy machines though, ive got a wrag on a Kubota rg30 and have been running it for 2 years and would struggle to go back to using the tractor and knocker all the time. I have just ordered a new protech to mount on the tracked machine so will see how I get on with that

I phoned Protech the other day and they got a second hand trak machine for around 19k, a new decent contractor model will cost bout 28k but can go up to 40k, depends what you want. last time I checked Bryce was around 35k, and look up solotrak (solo fencing systems) 30k+ depends on spec (my choice). If your contracting full time I'd buy tracks, for just a bit of casual fencing now and then a tractor knocker combo could be more versatile. I'll buy one as soon as finances allow.

• 3 weeks later...

How do you guys factor in the cost of the tractor and low loader for moving the machine about? Do you believe the savings in time and labour cover it's cost?

I drive the tractor every where, will spend 4 hrs in a tractor seat with no problem if i have to

Archived