Coloured wire

stevew

We have a customer who we are installing an Otter fence for and they want the wire to "blend in with the surroundings" and have asked if the wire can be coloured green or brown rather than plain galvanised. I have explained that the galvanise will dull and fade after a few weeks but he still insists on a green or brown colour. I have spoken to Hilary at Tornado who tells me that it is something that they are not asked for.

Has anyone had any enquiries for something like this or have any experience of having wire dipped or painted and how successful it may be?

Thanks. Ben & Rossco. The fence is an otter net fence about 3000 lm, if we dip the rolls obviously where the wire touches within the roll it won't be coated, whilst I appreciate your comments on creosote it won't dry and would be a nightmare to handle and install

Thanks again

Our supplier does sell a 4' lightweight stock nett which is galv but with a green coating like rylock, perhaps they can offer an otter nett in it? but of course it wouldn't be tornado though.

We did price up for some railway line side chainlink that was made of high tensile wire (I can dig up the spec sheet if you'd like?), very tough stuff compared to mild chain link (but not cheap!) if like Charlie says whether its otter proof?

Tornado used to do the Gold wire which realy did blend in but not enough people used it. 

you could leave the wire outside in the weather for a while to take the shine off it, but its a bit of a long job etc, croesote dip or even a slurry dip (I dont offer a laundry service) 

• 8 months later...

Archived