Protech p400

Markhibberdfencing

Thankyou for your feedback, that sounds like a very good machine, have thought about a large tracked machine but have not got the kit to move one around so that's why I'm considering going down the tractor route pros and cons to everything and everything looks so expensive but speculate to accumulate??

Thankyou for your feedback, that sounds like a very good machine, have thought about a large tracked machine but have not got the kit to move one around so that's why I'm considering going down the tractor route pros and cons to everything and everything looks so expensive but speculate to accumulate??

We started with a 956xl with a king hitter but when talking with andy about a replacement knocker we settled on selling tractor and knocker for an rg30 tracked, one of their first. Awesome machine and can move with the truck, traded for the Evo 2 last month as we have a Mog & trailer so we can move machine and matrials at same time and reduce the time travelling. To be honest I won't get as good £ return for the Evo 2 as the rg30 over its life but that's because they are on used dumpers. An rg30 tracked is much cheaper than a knocker and tractor for initial outlay but it depends what you want from your kit and the kind of jobs/other work you get.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that Rob very helpful what hp tractor are you using to run it? Have had a conversation with a guy who's just bought a Bryce HD180 and he also said it was something that needed a lot of grease,more moving parts more lube thankyou for reply Mark.

mostly run it on a Same 100.6 (100hp, 6 cylider) but have been known to put it on the new holland 7740 sl.

Once you've had a tracked knocker I don't think you would want to go back to tractor knocker. They have their limitations for sure but are much more compact, burn no diesel, easy to use and cheap in comparison. I've had my rg30 for over 3 years now, originally with a wrag on it and currently a p22 with 300kg weight, rockspike and telemast and it owes me nothing. A swing round would be handy, but you work with what you got. I move mine with my tractor which I use for other things and I can fit it on the trailer with the mini digger and materials and pull it across a wet field. Horses for courses

Hi Mike, I already have a post knocker for my mini digger one I built myself and I have been spoilt with it in terms of where I can get it to lay it flat to get in under trees etc,all it lacks is a large weight currently 160kg which is as much as the digger will pick up,I do really like the sound of your rg30 but then I just cant tow one around with my current vehicle,and the other concern is all they can do is knock posts in and in some cases unroll wire,which is why I thought go down the tractor route and it could be used for other work possibly towing a rg30 in future! For me it is all looking like spending a lot of money to get a larger weight but I must move the business on, current job involves 7ft 4-5" which the customer supplied themselves and have just ordered another 500 a lot of these I am having to auger as I am hitting stone 12" down rock spike taking a lot of grief if I use that,anyway not bore you any longer all the best Mark.

Archived