raddisuers,

premnayloon

so what is the problem with using them south of the border,

Malcolm told me that Tornado only sell them to Scotland , and if it wasnt for us using them they wouldnt bother,

im just wondering why they are not used down south,?

personally, i find them easy to use, they also allow a fence to be tightened if necessary at a later date, cost wise they are not too bad around 1.50 each cost, 

just interested to know why they are not used more wide spread,

i use them on all my lines barbed and plain.

Gripples are ok as long as you know their limitations, I see them like a shear bolt on a machine, they will usually give before something else and save the rest of the components but no good in box strainers and I don't get on too well with them on barbed wire

I would rather work the rads, I've seen me remove them from old fences and they are still in excellent condition,

Yeah gripples are cheaper, but I've never had reports of rads slipping like gripples

Plus rads be tightened with a 17 mm spanner, so anyone can tension them . Without requiring stretchers or gripples tool,

Mike, you will get from our hosts, I used to get from them but I've a local merchant who gives me discount, and that means I get them cheaper than tornado can supply,

Its funny you should say that as I have been trying to get hold of some in line ones this week as an alternative to gripples for barbed wire but am not having much luck! was looking to buy a couple of hundred if anyone knows anywhere good?

Thanks

We stock them and ship all over the UK give the office a ring for a price 01676 535269

Cheers

Damien, at least it means you've left him.with the opportunity,

I think it shows that I am professional, also shows up farmers laziness!

Also I've seen me called to usually livery establishments to tighten slack wires, and 80% of the time, it's just the road needs a turn or too,

But it can be a good earner! For very little work,

John, which part of Scotland did you visit,

I get strainrite rads through tornado.

I drove round a lot of Scotland this autumn and was disappointed in the number of slack fences even though most had rads installed.

(I didnt go to your part of the county though premlaynoon)

John, I know a supplier pushing the strainrite rads hard, do you prefer them to normal ones , how much difference in cost.

I saw a bit around the borders, all up the A9, around the far north and down the west coast.

The strainrite ones are normal for me, they are more expensive ( circa £2.50 retail.) I Use the XT1's. I don't use them often due to the extra cost but am considering using them in HT netting.

John funnily enough when I start out I lived n benbecula, and installed these on the rylock, pulling each wire to required tension,

I can't recall how it turned out a long time ago!

Does this not take a lot longer John,

If putting up rylock on steep slopes do you find this technique beneficial,

Have to say John, real tidy job in that pic , hope you take pride in that.

I saw a bit around the borders, all up the A9, around the far north and down the west coast.

The strainrite ones are normal for me, they are more expensive ( circa £2.50 retail.) I Use the XT1's. I don't use them often due to the extra cost but am considering using them in HT netting.

Ah John, you bypassed the region where we tension up the rads.

A quick one regarding people not trusting gripples, I use them in conjunction with a crimp, put a crimp on followed by a gripple then crimp, no issue if the gripple ever fails, although it shouldn't be able to because the crimp will take the tension that would make a gripple fail, if that makes sense.

Aaron

Archived