Calendar 2016

premnayloon

We have been umming and ahhing about doing a calendar again this year - if the consensus is that it would be well received we are more than happy to put one together :)

We'll be sending an email out (very) soon about it; if we have enough interest and enough photos by the end of next week then we'll go for it.

I think the single malt might get smashed in the post Brent (the envelopes are only A3 size)...

I will take more arty photos this year with this in mind.

What size is the minimum for quality?

Also I assume you much prefer tornado products rather than post and rail or other brands.

May I suggest it would be interesting to have a product of the month as well, if not this year certainly next.

For example, otter net and it's specs etc

Also tools such as the stock-ade, it would add great variety and interest rather than fields & Fences.

The torus knot another one.

I've never seen a tornado calendar before so apologies if that's what it already is.

Sounds like a plan Goaty :)

I really like the idea of setting up a monthly photo competition - just need a bit of time to get it in motion and set it up in a way that's really easy to [a] manage and for everyone to contribute to.

The best quality to use will be 300dpi resolution and the photos should be as a big as possible so they print nicely. If you use a smartphone or tablet, send the 'actual size' file. I can increase resolution if the original photo is big enough, but if it's low resolution and small it's a bit of a non-starter for printing.

Some of our favourites from last year were actually photos were the fence was more or less incidental...think animals, machinery, contractors-at-work, etc. As much as we're all fascinated by fencing, 12 months worth of posts and net photos may end up wearing a little thin!

By the way, have you joined the TPCN Goaty? If not, get yourself signed up!!

Nick, how about a caption competition each month,

Maybe tornado could put up a mug, and bag of gripples, or such like as a prize.

I like it...will run it past the troops :)

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the 2017 calendar. All the photos are superb. I did intend taking photos more this year but ended up been a busy year in every way.

Hopefully a more focused fencing year in 2017 for me.

January is already a write off for fencing!

Archived