Creosoted Timber

Post Driver

The suppliers up here are probably totally different from yours,

However my current supplier I believe offers good value for money,

The octoposts, are good bits of timber the supplier is a rabbid Tory which lets him down,

The worst locally is James Jones, there has been numerous reports of their timber failing after 5-6 years,

I generally use Fence N Forget and you sometime get suspect stuff as you say, generally stuff is on the small side and you do get some funny shaped strainers/struts but I cant fault them for treatment or service.  The sawn stuff is all good and they will source odd sizes if needed where as any local merchants only stock intermediate posts or occasionally strainers.

• 1 month later...

Shaun, I'm just back from the spring show , and saw your creosote posts on Alistair smarts stand,

I like the look of the rough rounds, they are cheaper than octoposts, was just wanting to confirm the warranty, is it from when posts are purchased and how long do you guarantee them for,

I notch my stays in my strainers, would the warranty be valid as long as I creosote the notch I cut and the point is stays.

Shaun, I'm just back from the spring show , and saw your creosote posts on Alistair smarts stand,

I like the look of the rough rounds, they are cheaper than octoposts, was just wanting to confirm the warranty, is it from when posts are purchased and how long do you guarantee them for,

I notch my stays in my strainers, would the warranty be valid as long as I creosote the notch I cut and the point is stays.

******** wrong button, had a look at posts too, good looking stuff, problem will be tryin to convince farmers thats the way to go,

" Oh there afa dear " yes but will last 3 times longer, but you know as well as me Gordon some folk can be very short sighted

Stotty, allister was talking about 60 year life of timber, that's a big shout, to make , looking at them I certainly would have no worries using them, the rep said that the strainers and turners were originally meant to be for e

Hydro, telephone poles but they were slightly booed so they were rejected but apparently they insist on the 60 guarantee,

On a different note did you look at the cheetah electric fence stuff, very competitive price , and I thought that my supplier in forfar was cheap.

I think ill give some of his stuff a try, ill have a run to the shiel, and do some shopping

• 4 weeks later...

Archived