Pulling up wire

Ringfencing

Hi , just wondering what any of your views are on pro fencer and quick fencer method of pulling up wire, as we have always centre pulled and its hard to change habits but the body's getting older and we need to speed things up, got every other bit of kit but haven't gone down this road yet.

Take a look at the thread I started in best practice under the name of Quickfencer a year or so back some good comment on there, we looked at it for the very same reasons ended up with a secondhand Quickfencer as the right money and at the end of the day now do a lot less wire work than we used too, makes just rolling out a lot easier but still tend to use clamps as well in places combined with the quick fencer works for us.

I have a home made spinner that runs 100m out in less than a minute. We can tighten that any way we want.

The profencer is a most excellent piece of well engineered kit.

I would by one today if I had the cash.

I saw it at LAMMA this week and the new clamp design looks very good.

I havnt used a quick fencer, it's a lot if money to me for what it is. The only thing it does that my spinner doesn't do is brake the net for tensioning.

Thanks for that Charlie ,like most things every body's got different opinions we've always had some kind of wire dispenser just to take some of the physical work out but the with the 2 mentioned machines it takes even more of the hard work out but there is the price tag that goes with them I'm going to borrow a quick fencer from a friend and see how it goes.

The pro fencer is defo the way forward lots of adjustments I got one with the two way clamp best thing I ever done but a bit awkward to work on your own but two people once you get use to it will fly along even short awkward runs can be achieved with some gripples Alan froggat is a top bloke and knows plenty about fencing the pro fencer is the one I went for any way hope this helps you

Thanks for that

we tend to work on our own a lot and was hoping this sort of gear made it a bit easier ha looked closely at the pro fencer and it dose look a good bit of kit may also have to get one out on demo.

If you do let us know how it goes.

Alan is a helpful chap, offered me a demo. I hadn't the cash flow at the time and would want to test it on a big run.

I can recommend you look up the Solonet.Far better than the quick fencer without the price tag of the pro fencer.  It takes two seconds to clamp the net so you can strain and pull net as your working down the line/around corners and is a one man machine. I liked mine that much I now have two.  

Hi Ringfencing.

I would just like to say if you or any body else who might be interested in a ProFencer please come and a have look at the latest machine.

It will be at the Cornwall show on the Tornado stand on the 9-10-& 11th June.

We are at the Driffield show near to the fencing competition on the 29th of July.

Also the Sheep show again near to the fencing competition on the 27th July.

Please give me a call on 07785 700 952 for a chat and I will answer any questions you have. 

Kind Regards.

Allan. { ProFencer.}

Archived