Post tops

HenryG

Hi all, went to a job today to install posts, the posts I was during in went up to the neighbours boundary, his whole boundary had recently been fenced with pressure creosote 4 rail post and rail, I would estimate around 5000 metres, on closer inspection I noticed every single post had been cut down to the right height after it had been driven in, I try my hardest not to cut any tips off let alone 2500!!! However the tops hadn't been cut with a chainsaw as the cuts were to clean, the only thing that gave it away was the white on top the post where it hadn't penetrated through, so my question is what other tool other than a chainsaw can cut posts like this at speed??

I can only think a circular saw or very sharp chain saw.. Beets me they did not treat them at all.. Like you in my mind it's a cardinal sin to chop the top off posts unless as a last resort best to knock them to the right height in the first place.. Unless the customer kicked up a fuss that they were too high and they had to resort to chopping them all off?

Archived