Air nail gun

Frontrowfencing

I know this topic has been covered a few times in various bits, but I am looking into getting a pneumatic nailer. I wondered what people are using and if any one knows of one that will suit my requirements as I pretty much know what I want.

I am not after a paslode or cordless nailer, I have one of them.

I need to put be able in 100mm nails if it will take smaller and larger that would be good. I would like the nails to be as close to 4.0mm as possible. If possible I would probably like the nails to be have the serrated rats tail finish on them for more grip and must be able to get galvanised nails. I suppose a coil nailer would be cheaper for nails, but I would take a strip nailer too.

Any thoughts from all you knowledgeable folk.? Thanks

Got to be the big bostich from ramfast, been using mine today on 100mm ringshanks and its a proper tool, never misses a bit and the nails feed like a dream.

Would someone point us to a video of these in use? I have noticed they keep cropping up on here, when I google it I'm lucky to get print about them. In one way it's good these pro tools are discreet, not readily available to everyone easily, it is however a pain if you are looking to buy kit or evaluate it.

Talk to Terry at Fastfix tools (02380 635695) mention we suggested them as they came out at no obligation and gave us an on site demo of the first gun we bought about 7/8 yrs ago (spot nail s130) even though they only had a mains compressor they pre charged up so only could use a couple of rails worth I could see this was the way forward and ordered one the next day.

They only did bright nails when started but now keep in stock 3.8mm 100 or 130mm nails with screw shank and hot dip galv in strips of 25, boxes of 1250. Without doubt the best way to go (for us), never had problems with nails pulling out, screw shank has incredible holding power even on 5.5" cundy rails. Looked at bostitich gun but they are superseding next year and I don't like the heavier coil packs, gun is heavy enough as it is. We're on our second gun now spotnail Montana SN22-130CE (google that should show the gun) which is the superseded spotnail gun which is actually a rebadged paslode and much improved from our first. no issues with first one but rely on it so much that need one when is off for service and handy when busy and we split up gangs.

Thanks for replies everyone, just a quick question, how do nail prices fair up and what is availability like on them. As I say gals is a must for us and I think ring shank is too, much better holding power.

Last time I bought 3.8 x 100mm hot dip galv screw shank in 21deg strips of 25 they were 5.5p ea I think from memory, for 25,000 per time.

Like I said if you call terry on number above I'm sure he'll quote you on whatever you spec..

Last time I bought 3.8 x 100mm hot dip galv screw shank in 21deg strips of 25 they were 5.5p ea I think from memory, for 25,000 per time.

Like I said if you call terry on number above I'm sure he'll quote you on whatever you spec..

Ouch, £1375 on nails in one hit. Wouldnt have to buy any for a while though, 25000 would keep us going for a while.

Ouch, £1375 on nails in one hit. Wouldnt have to buy any for a while though, 25000 would keep us going for a while.

That was when we were the only ones buying them in hot dip galv, pallet makers use brights. Now they keep about that much on the shelf for us and others, so I'm sure you can buy less if you don't do as much.

Archived