Wire Unroller

ST61

Stotty, the guy I used to work to made a trailer, basic frame with a pole 1 mtr long, sticking up on a flat plate, this pole was hollow and slipped into another pole sticking up around 6-8 inch, longer pole was removed, roll of rylock placed upright, then longer pole replaced through the centre, then so my role out, this trailer had a ball hitch so could be attached to quad, jeep, or chapper.

I personally get and old trampoline enclosure pole, put a chain through it then walk out with roll unrolling behind, this could easily be attached to a vehicle, or tractor, quad etc,

Cheap but works well

Why don't you like to pull with it?  Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

I like to pet some strain on the strainers as we pull, you are never just sure how tight you have it with the quick fencer and to be fair i didnt buy it to pull wire, i bought it to get a 1000m of wire to a job and only have one join

We made our own unroller for our knocker, it allowed us to move onto 500 metre rolls. We still tension with chains, but it allows one man to manoeuvre a 500 metre roll, saves so much time. Can't believe the differnce. If they ever bring out 1000 metre rolls I will be re designing the carrier.

What make of knocker are you using, any photos of unroller

St61,

send me your email address and I will email you photos of something I have built that unrolls standard stock,deer netting and everything in between as well as 3 strand of barb or line wire at once with different add ons making it very flexible and adaptable all on the same frame

It doesn't yet clamp it but working on that too

• 5 weeks later...

Archived