lee hampton

We have a huge amount of Electric/BT poles at our yard, just wondering if this would be of interest to anybody?

We can deliver throughout the U.K. from various depot's 

We can supply these from a starting price of (Depending on postcode) -

£30 Per pole (Based on a full lorry load) approx 100 BT poles.

£34 Per pole (based on a full lorry load) approx 70 Electric poles.

These are used Electric/BT poles and they are loaded out of the depots as they come some are better then others, its pot luck.

Approx length 28Ft - 36Ft 

We are full time fencing contractors, this is the only strainers/turners that we will use due to the poor quality in timber from the mills these days.

Contact Details 

Lee Hampton Fencing Ltd

0745 0012359

(01356) 623468

leehamptonfencingltd@live.com

Lee

I would like to get a load and start using them would be cheaper than the creosote post I am getting now . But In The past I have found it hard getting farmers to pay a decent price for them.

They generally say they could by a full pole that price young fella . How are u finding it and what are u asking for them

we will charge the same price whether its a bt pole or a standard shop bought strainer...every farmer in this area nows electric,bt poles are the best and they won't except anything else...

That said though there is a lot of work involved cutting, pointing ect we also paint ours with burst oil but that entirely up to you(looks good though)

what price is a creosote strainer??

Yep it would make sense if u have a lot to point to get set up with a hydrolic pointer . It would be a good idea to have one set up on the postdriver would be safer than a chain saw and u would not run out of petrol and have to walk back to the pickup . Lol don't no where I get my ideas . But think it could work if it was made into the post driver so it was not taking up to much space . It would be hard just to add one on ????????

Yep it would make sense if u have a lot to point to get set up with a hydrolic pointer . It would be a good idea to have one set up on the postdriver would be safer than a chain saw and u would not run out of petrol and have to walk back to the pickup . Lol don't no where I get my ideas . But think it could work if it was made into the post driver so it was not taking up to much space . It would be hard just to add one on ????????

By time you finish adding your ideas Damien, you would need a military tank chassis to carry it all! ???? ????

• 3 weeks later...

If you are buying 2nd hand telegraph poles and cutting them into strainers you should be aware of two things.

Firstly any waste you create is considered Hazardous Waste by the Environmental Agency.

Secondly, the telegraph poles will generally be upwards of fifty years old when taken out of service.

If however you're looking for brand new creosoted stainers, then give us a call on 01205 358866 - we do deliver nationwide.

By the same token wouldn't new creosoted timber off cuts be hazardous waste as well?

Whereas utility poles are recycled to their advantage.

Not a conflict. I'm all for long term timber and for the future compromises are likely to be made to achieve it.

Archived